Updated 6th July
Great news that you can book a barge cruise now.
Being on the deck of an historic vessel to enjoy a river cruise is one of the safer leisure options available thankfully, and we are now “Covid-19 Secure Risk Assessed” and signed up to the Visit England “Good to Go” marque (a bit like a hygiene certificate). Here is a summary of the new arrangements.
- Boarding and disembarking is managed to maintain social distancing.
- Guests are allocated a specific space on deck for arrival and the safety brief. Thereafter you can choose to spread out and move around, observing distancing and the comfort of other guests.
- Approx 2m will be left between groups from the same household, allowing us to take up to 36 passengers.
- A one way system has been introduced for accessing the saloon below decks (Hydrogen has 2 sets of stairs) and the loos,
- Payment by card machine for drinks is preferred.
- Food must be pre-ordered and will be served pre-plated from our saloon table. If you prefer it to be brought to you on deck, just ask.
- If social distancing cannot be maintained, our crew will don face masks for any closer up interaction such as helping you safely board.
- The barge will be thoroughly cleaned before each trip and the toilets cleaned regularly during the cruise.
- Hand sanitiser will be placed on deck for your use when boarding and near the toilets.
The new look cruises programme includes options not to have our food (delicious as it is !) if you feel happier bringing your own picnic or snacks (but not drinks).
If you choose to cancel your trip our standard cancellation terms apply.
Many of you have missed special birthdays or wedding anniversary celebrations and probably can’t wait to get together with friends and family for a party. Thistle and Hydrogen are available for private parties for a maximum 30 guests and subject to social distancing rules. As we usually take 50 guests, there is plenty of room for guests from different households to move around and still chat and enjoy being together..
Like most venues, our late 2020 and 2021 diary is already filling up – so don’t leave it too long to enquire !
We have decided not to offer sailing weekends on Reminder for the rest of 2020 and look forward to a cracking season in 2021.
“Reminder” will be available from 4th July for self-catering cottage hire bookings moored on Cooks Yard, up to 14 guests.
Vouchers bought direct from Topsail are extended to end of 2021. If your voucher is from a third party such as Buy a Gift or Activity Superstore, please contact them directly.
The Topsail Team look forward to seeing you soon.