Updated 16th October
You can still book up to 6 people from mixed households on a cruise and be together on deck. If you wish to use your allocated space below decks, you will now have to do this in households bubbles (so take in turns).
If your booking is for people from the same household, the latest guidelines make no difference to our working practises below.
Being on the deck of an historic vessel to enjoy a river cruise is one of the safer leisure options available thankfully, and we are “Covid-19 Secure Risk Assessed” and signed up to the Visit England “Good to Go” marque (a bit like a hygiene certificate). Here is a summary of the arrangements.
- As well as your allocated space on deck, an indoor seating area is allocated to your group where you will be served food and drinks.(you are welcome to take your refreshments back on deck if you wish)
- Boarding and disembarking is managed to maintain social distancing.
- Guests are allocated a specific space on deck for arrival and the safety brief. Thereafter you can choose to spread out and move around, observing distancing and the comfort of other guests.
- Space on deck and the saloon will be left between you and other groups to comply with social distancing.
- A one way system has been introduced for accessing the saloon below decks and the loos,
- Payment by card machine for drinks is preferred.
- Food must be pre-ordered and will be served to you in the saloon.
- If social distancing cannot be maintained, our crew will don face masks for any closer up interaction such as helping you safely board.
- The barge will be thoroughly cleaned before each trip and the toilets cleaned regularly during the cruise.
- Hand sanitiser will be placed on deck for your use when boarding and near the toilets.
- When going below decks (i.e. indoors) you are required to wear a face mask except when eating or drinking.
If you choose to cancel your trip our standard cancellation terms apply.
Update – unfortunately we are unable to proceed with these at present. Many of you have missed special birthdays or wedding anniversary celebrations and probably can’t wait to get together with friends and family for a party. We usually take 50 guests, so hopefully at some point in 2021 we shall be able to resume private functions, perhaps still with reduced numbers.
Like most venues, our 2021 diary is already filling up – so don’t leave it too long to enquire !
We have decided not to offer sailing weekends on Reminder for the rest of 2020 and look forward to a cracking season in 2021.
“Reminder” is available for self-catering cottage hire bookings moored on Cooks Yard, up to 14 guests – update – now a maximum of 6 people, but you are allowed from mixed households.
Vouchers bought direct from Topsail are extended to end of 2021. If your voucher is from a third party such as Buy a Gift or Activity Superstore, please contact them directly.
The Topsail Team look forward to seeing you soon.