Sailing Barge – KITTY (1895)

Built in 1895 by Cann of Harwich, Kitty was one of Horlocks fleet of grain barges operating in the Thames Estuary. In trade until 1955, she was converted back to sail in the 1970’s and became one of the first of the new generation of charter barges under the famous skipper John Fairbrother. Kitty is one of the prettiest wooden barges sailing today and is distinctive with a green painted hull.

Kitty Aft Saloon

SB Kitty

S.B Kitty (1895)

  • Sailing Capacity: 44 passengers
  • Static Capacity: 50 guests
  • Dining facilities: 32 sit-down, 50 buffet

SB Kitty below deck